Sunday, April 4, 2010

A Journey Begins

A few months ago my husband had this idea, "let's go on a road trip." A lot has transpired since that initial idea – I'm sure I'll pull through some of the more entertaining tidbits shortly – but it's on like Donkey Kong, as some would say.

We're set to travel through 12 states in 11 days this July (2010). Nine of the states we're traveling through, I've never even set foot in. For me, a pampered Midwesterner, it's going to be quite the adventure. Not to mention that I have limited love for the open road. But I also have this feeling that it might be just the journey I need.

What I do have great affection for is food – that will be at the center of this site and at the center of my attention as we embark across the Great Plains, West and Southwest. This blog will be our nomadic home-base for our journey, it will serve as my planning warroom and it will all be over by August.

Will I embark on a poor girl's rendition of Eat, Pray, Love? Will my husband and I achieve a togetherness in a more vivid way than before? Or will it be nothing more than a collection of landmarks, digital photos and crappy souvenirs? Come on, what I am really dying to know (and tell) is every detail about the food. From regional favorites, diners and in-car sammies, it's going to be a vacation told through eats. I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment