Sunday, July 4, 2010

Two Learnings on Day Two and One Very Special Discovery

1. Road trips are much more entertaining than I thought and it's difficult to find the energy two blog out all my witty thoughts at this hour.


2. The Corn Palace is not really made out of corn, but it's still pretty cool.


In leiu of an honest post, two photo albums and news of my greatest discovery to-date: salads with fries as toppings. Only in Rapid City, my friends.



In other news:
  • The Missouri river is wondrous, wide and filled with ecoli-free water in SD. Who knew?!
  • Rest stop lunch was most pleasant, though I learned that PB&Nanners sandwiches are as lame as they come. Matt and I are having lots of fun on this adventure.
  • Badlands were bad-ass.
  • Rushmore is small, but magnificent.
  • Crazy horse makes me question motives and work ethic.
  • Audiobooks rule.
  • I might be staying at a Holiday Inn Express tonight so watch out for tomorrow, world!

3 comments:

  1. The FF salad cracks me up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I can't believe someone made a salad with french fries!! What's next..a donut salad?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great to see a road-trip fan in the making. Looks like a wonderful trip so far!

    ReplyDelete