Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Entertainment Score

I've got three words for you: books on tape. Actually, I think they're called audiobooks these days. At any rate, they're great! ..I think. Never listened to one, but my Dad swears by them.

This evening, as I was pulling together our packing checklist, Matt mentioned getting a couple audiobooks. (I did not take this lightly because Matt talking about audiobooks is like me asking him if we can play video games. I would be crazy not to jump on it!) But here's the rub... audioboooks cost more on iTunes than I care to spend. Solution care of Matt: PUBLIC LIBRARY!

Not only are we lucky enough to live three blocks from a fabulous park but we also live ONE block from an equally fabulous public library. In fact, we're pretty sure my Grandpa built the original structure. Nothing better than American bricklayers.

Long story short – we now have three, free audiobooks. Two suspense books I've never heard of before (one that takes place in the Southwest) and one Western. A collection of plots I thought Matt would love because it's loosely historical and geographically relevant to part of our road trip. All I got in response was a "huh?" 

I try, I really do. :-)



There's this site, aubible.com, where you can download audiobooks for about $8. Thinking about ordering Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol. Have you read the book? Worth listening to??

Kris, if you're reading this, let me know what's available to borrow.

2 comments:

  1. this is actually more in response to your Twitter post but if you want to borrow a power adapter, you can try ours...we've never used it for the laptop in the car, but i've used it on the plane without issue.

    To keep things interesting on the road, you should get a romace novel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jean, thanks so much for lending us your power adapter. I'll take very good care of the precious, muhahaha! ;-)

    ReplyDelete