Sunday, June 27, 2010

Pilgrimage to Big Box Mecca

If there's one thing I love to do in life it's planning. I subconsciously selected a career that's deeply rooted in planning and if I had it my way, I'd live a life road map with five-, 15- and 25-year time horizons. (Side note, I have some close friends who actually have one of these. I'm envious.)

So when it comes to getting jazzed about our upcoming journey, my mind immediately goes to supplies. I've been thinking about car food for a while, but there's so much more to consider: a first aid kit, bug spray, special treats for the pets while we're gone... I could go on.

And today is the day. While Matt is out golfing with his brother, I'll be hitting up the big box stores. Additionally, I'll be doing it on a budget armed with about $20 in coupons. To be honest, I'm feeling a little crazed – like those women (and men) who brave the crowds the day after Thanksgiving. Ladies, great deals or not, you know your a little nutz, crazed and consumerized. 

Today, I am proudly part of this nutty clan. Making lists for various stores and planning my route. (I think I'll start at Petco, move on to Target and round out the tour de force at the grocery store.) I will be victorious, so long as I can remember to grab some of the non-drowsy motion sickness meds.


No comments:

Post a Comment